Whiskey Ginger Caramel Corn
- 12 cups popped popcorn (nothing added to it)
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons whiskey
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Spray the parchment with cooking spray; set aside.
- Place popcorn in a VERY large bowl coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small saucepan add the brown sugar, butter, honey, molasses, ginger(s), cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Once boiling allow the caramel to boil without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in baking soda (mixture will foam). Stir in vanilla and whiskey. Quickly pour over popcorn and mix well.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet and quickly spread out into a flat sheet, working as quickly as possible since the caramel will harden quickly.
- Allow caramel to set for one hour, then eat! Although between you and I, the caramel corn WARM is equally dreamy. Just a little messier ;)
Recipe by Baker by Nature at http://bakerbynature.com/whiskey-ginger-caramel-corn/