6-Minute Small Batch Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Dash of vanilla or bourbon, optional
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat whisk together sugar and water and bring to a boil. Cook until sugar has dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Add in butter and whisk until combined. Simmer until the mixture turns a deep amber color, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and carefully whisk in the cream (it will bubble up ferociously after you add it!). Whisk until well combined. Whisk in salt.
- Pour caramel into a heatproof jar. Allow it to cool a few minutes before using.
Recipe by Baker by Nature at https://bakerbynature.com/6-minute-small-batch-salted-caramel-sauce/