Blueberry Lemon Muffin Top Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup full fat Greek yogurt (I used Fage)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 heaping cup fresh blueberries
- For the glaze:
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together sugar, lemon zest, and butter until well combined; about 2 minutes. Add in egg and beat until combined. Add yogurt and vanilla; beat until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined. Gently fold in blueberries. The dough will be very thick at this point. That's a good thing!
- Using a 1/4 cup sized measuring utensil (or just eyeballing it), form large (about a 1/4 cup) balls of dough, and place them on the prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches in between for spreading.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for one hour, and up to 4.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees (F) 30 minutes prior to baking.
- When ready to bake, place pan in the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the centers are set and the edges are just becoming golden - be sure not to over bake!
- Let cookies cool on the sheet pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling wrack to cool completely.
- While they cool, you can make the glaze!
- Simple mix the lemon juice with the sugar, stir, then drizzle over cooled cookies.
- *Cookies will keep for up to two days when stored in an airtight container.
- *Yields approximately 12 muffin top cookies, depending on how you shape them.
Recipe by Baker by Nature at https://bakerbynature.com/blueberry-lemon-muffin-top-cookies/