Creamy Tomato and Tarragon Soup with Black Pepper Parmesan Biscotti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- (1) 28 oz. can whole plum tomatoes tomatoes
- 12 ounces vegetable stock (you can use chicken if you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste (if needed)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I recommend starting with 1/4 cup then adding more after tasting it)
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- Add olive oil to a large soup pot or dutch oven. Bring oil to a light simmer over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and sauté until soft; about 6 minutes. Stir in garlic, cook for a minute or two - or until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes with all their juices and lightly break the large tomatoes up with a wooden spoon.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to simmer.
- Add the salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, then puree using either a blender or an immersion blender directly in the pot.
- Add the soup back to the pot and return to a light boil over low heat (this should only take a minute or two). Stir in the Greek yogurt and tarragon.
- Garnish each bowl of soup with a dollop of sour cream and a little tarragon, if desired.
- *Link for biscotti recipe in post ;)
Recipe by Baker by Nature at https://bakerbynature.com/creamy-tomato-and-tarragon-soup-with-black-pepper-parmesan-biscotti/