Greek Yogurt Blueberry Crumble Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- (2) 7 ounce containers FULL FAT Greek yogurt (I used Fage)
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Line 2 large muffin tins with 18 paper liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl or the body of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat sugar and butter on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones, mixing just until combined.
- Mix in Greek yogurt.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into the muffin cups, and generously sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden and a cake tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Transfer muffins to a rack to cool completely, or serve warm.
- To make the topping - in a small bowl mix the brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon.
Recipe by Baker by Nature at https://bakerbynature.com/greek-yogurt-blueberry-crumble-muffins/