Heart Shaped Chocolate Dipped Soft Pretzels
- For the Dough:
- 1 1/2 cups very warm water (115 degrees fahrenheit)
- (1) Package Rapid Rise Yeast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 4 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Cooking Liquid:
- 9 cups water
- Scant 1 cup baking soda
- Egg Wash:
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Chocolate Coating:
- 6 ounces dark or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped and melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup nonpareils
- Sea salt, optional
- For the Dough:
- In a medium bowl combine the water, yeast, sugar, and salt; let sit for 5-8 minutes, or until foamy.
- In the body of a stand mixer using the hook attachment add the flour, butter, and foam mixture and beat on medium speed for 12 minutes, allowing the hook to knead the dough.
- Cover the dough with a warm, moist towel, and let rise for one hour, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large, wide pot combine water and baking soda and bring to a boil.
- While the water is coming to a boil, roll out your pretzels!
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces, trying to make them as equal as possible. Roll each piece out into a long rope (about 18 inches) and then carefully twist into a heart shape. Really take your time forming the shapes and pressing the tops into rounds and the end into a point, as the shape will shift slightly when boiling. Press the ends together at the top of the heart, pinching the dough together well.
- One at a time, place pretzels into boiling water and cook for 25 seconds before removing with a slotted spatula and transferring to the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the tops and sides of each pretzel with the egg wash.
- Place pan in the oven to bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Transfer pretzels to a cooling wrack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, dip in melted chocolate and sprinkle with nonpareils and salt
- For the Chocolate Coating:
- Melt chocolate and oil together in a double boiler until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
Recipe by Baker by Nature at https://bakerbynature.com/heart-shaped-chocolate-dipped-soft-pretzels/