Malted Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature and separated
- 1 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 1 cup bananas, sliced (about 1 large or 2 small bananas)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons butter, for the pan
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg yolks, Greek yogurt, milk, sugar, salt, vanilla, and baking powder.
- In a separate large bowl add flour, malted milk powder, sliced bananas, and chocolate chips; toss to combine, making sure the bananas are fully coated in the flour.
- Add flour mixture to yogurt mixture, and stir just to combine; do not over mix! The batter will be thick, so don't worry if there's a lot of clumps left.
- Add egg whites to a large bowl or the body of a stand mixer. Beat using a handheld mixer or the whisk attachment until the whites begin to form soft peaks.
- With a rubber spatula fold egg whites into flour/yogurt mixture, stirring until fully incorporated.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Ladle 1/3 cup scoops of the batter into the skillet, only cooking a few at a time so they don't blend together.
- Cook pancakes until the edges begin to brown and the top of the batter bubbles, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Repeat for all pancake batter.
- Top pancakes with syrup, bananas, chocolate, or anything else your heart desires! Serve at once.
Recipe by Baker by Nature at https://bakerbynature.com/malted-chocolate-chip-banana-pancakes/