Salted Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Eggs
Yield 2 dozen
These Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs are sure to be a hit this Easter!!! Made with just a handful of basic ingredients, these salted chocolate covered peanut butter eggs are super easy to whip up!
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar (more if you can't get the dough to be workable, but I found this to be the perfect amount)
- (1) 15 oz jar of unsweetened creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, very soft
- 1 teaspoon all natural vanilla extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk (I used almond milk, but I'm sure cow milk will work just fine)
- 3 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Chocolate jimmies, optional
- In a large bowl or the body of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, mix together powdered sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, and softened butter.
- Add milk, one tablespoon at a time until it becomes a nice workable dough. It will be a little sticky, but totally scoop-able and easy to work with.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon sized rounds onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Form each round into egg shapes. I did this by simple squeezing the bottom of one side down and out a little.
- Place eggs in freezer to firm up for 1 hour.
- When ready to dip in chocolate, place chocolate chips in and coconut oil in a heatproof glass measuring cup. Microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until melted.
- Carefully dip each egg in the melted chocolate. I did this by placing each egg of a fork, then quickly dipping it in the chocolate and pulling it pack out, letting the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl.
- Once dipped in chocolate, place eggs back on the waxed paper lined baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and sprinkles, and leave to set. About 1 hour. You can speed this up by placing the eggs in the refrigerator.
Recipe by Baker by Nature at https://bakerbynature.com/salted-chocolate-covered-peanut-butter-eggs/