Sunday Suppers: Spicy Chipotle Shrimp BLTs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, cleaned, peeled, and tails removed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 8 slices toasted whole wheat bread (or whatever bread you like)
- 1/2 cup mayo OR greek yogurt (I used Greek yogurt because I don't like mayo; both will do the job)
- 2 teaspoons chipotle adobe sauce from a can of chipotle peppers
- 8 slices of bacon, fried until crispy
- 8 slices of tomato
- 2 big handfuls of baby spinach leaves (or any other lettuce you like)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Toss shrimp in a small bowl with salt, pepper, and lime zest.
- Add shrimp to skillet and cook for 1 minute, flip, then cook for another 1-2 minutes, or just until shrimp are pink and firm. Be sure not to overcook here; shrimp cook FAST!
- Squeeze lime juice over shrimp.
- In a small bowl mix the mayo with the chipotle sauce. Add a little sauce at a time, tasting as you go to make sure you don't make it too spicy. Add salt to the mayo if needed (I found I needed a little salt in the greek yogurt).
- Spread the chipotle mayo on each slice of bread, then layer 4 of the pieces with crispy bacon, shrimp, lettuce, and tomato. Add a top layer of bread to each, cut in half, and dig in!
Recipe by Baker by Nature at https://bakerbynature.com/sunday-suppers-spicy-chipotle-shrimp-blts/