Super Healthy Spinach Basil Pesto (Vegan // Dairy Free // Gluten Free)
Learn how to make Super Healthy Spinach and Basil Pesto with this easy recipe! 9 simple ingredients create this flavorful dip which is vegan, dairy free, and gluten free!
- 2 big handfuls of baby spinach leaves (2 cups)
- 1 big handful clean basil leaves (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 5 cloves of garlic, skins and stubby bottom part removed, cut into rough chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional (but adds a great pop of heat!)
- Juice and zest of one small lemon (make sure those pesky seeds don't get in there!)
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Blend the spinach, basil, pine nuts, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, and 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a food processor or strong blender until almost smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl down with a spatula as often as necessary.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil into the mixture while processing until smooth. Feel free to leave this chunky or blend it completely smooth. It's great both ways! Store in a clean airtight container for up to 5 days!
Recipe by Baker by Nature at https://bakerbynature.com/super-healthy-spinach-basil-pesto-vegan-dairy-free-gluten-free/