Hi there friends! I found some ripe-o-rama bananas hiding in the depths of our fridge last night (Spring cleaning!), and was about to toss them in the freezer for smoothies when it struck me… it’s been a hot minute since we’ve had some banana bread around here! That I had to fix! Plus, I knew you guys wouldn’t mind some super moist, flavorful banana bread action all up in your pretty little faces 🙂 Riiiiight?
In true Ashley fashion, I took that little idea of bread and quickly turned it into a rich, tender chocolate covered banana cake. You’re welcome 🙂
This cake is utterly decadent with its moist banana bread base and 2 ingredient milk chocolate drizzle. It’s just begging to be devoured with a large, cold milk chaser. Or a hot cup of coffee! I had a slice with both and it was a tie! I just couldn’t choose.
Another thing I love about this bundt is how seductively simple it is! Now that I know I can have this cake on my table in a little less than 90 minutes… I’m kinda scared (read: excited) to think how often we’ll be making this 😉 I’m guessing A LOT!
P.S. I did toss one banana in the freezer for a smoothie that I’m very excited to share with y’all soon. And by soon – I’m talkin’ tomorrow 🙂 See ya then! xoxoxo
Banana Bread Bundt Cake with Milk Chocolate Drizzle
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F). Generously grease a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy - about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add mashed bananas and vanilla extract.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture alternatley with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Pour finished batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake in the pan for 10 minutes, then run a knife gently around the edges, and carefully turn out onto a cooling rack. Cool cake completely before cutting/ adding drizzle.
- For the drizzle - Combine chocolate chips and milk in a microwaveable bowl. Heat in 20 second increments until chocolate has been completely melted and can be whisked into a smooth mixture. Let the chocolate mixture cool for a few minutes, then pour into a large ziplock bag and snip a small corner off one end. Generously drizzle chocolate over the cooled cake. Cut and serve!
- Oh, and feel free to garnish with sliced bananas if you want an extra pretty presentation 🙂