Milk and Honey Banana Bread is ultra moist and loaded with banana flavor! The milk ensures a tender crumb and the honey adds sweetness and depth of flavor! One of our all-time favorite banana bread recipes!
Honey Banana Bread
We all have our favorite fallbacks. Maybe it’s a place you retreat when things get tough. Or a person you can call and count on no matter what. Or a pair of flats that takes you from home to meeting to date with confidence and grace.
Fallbacks are the backbone for getting through and getting on. And for me, my most frequented fallback in the baking world is banana bread.
It’s something special. I’m certain of it. It makes you feel at home, and sure, and able to relax. It’s sugary scent will seduce you into submission. It’s crusty lid and honey and milk interior will put you at ease, and talk you into eating just one more piece. For your own good, of course. Yes. This bread can do that!
More Banana Bread Recipes:
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread
- Tropical Banana Bread
- Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies
- Healthy Raspberry Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon Swirl Butterscotch Banana Bread
Milk and Honey Banana Bread
- 2 and 1/4 cups (270 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter melted
- 2 Tablespoons oil canola, vegetable, or melted coconut oil will work here
- 1/2 cup (106 grams) light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (57 grams) milk at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (85 grams) honey
- 1 and 1/2 cups (340 grams) mashed bananas very ripe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray well with nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, oil, both sugars, eggs, vanilla extract, milk, honey, and mashed bananas, mixing until ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Add the dry mixture of ingredients to the wet mixture of ingredients and, using a rubber spatula, mix until just combined. Do not over mix or your bread will be dry!
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake, in the center of the middle rack, for 50 minutes, or until richly golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, or with a just a few moist crumbs attached.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes in the pan before serving warm or transferring to a cooling rack.