A minimal amount of work, effort, and dish cleaning also makes for an ideal morning meal situation. No more than 2 dirty dishes before noon… it’s a law in our house.
The good news…? This Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream Breakfast Shake is the delicious answer to all of our dessert-for-breakfast wants and needs!
And guess what else… it’s like, pretty healthy. This shake is loaded with protein packed almond milk, raw honey (so in love), a scoop of peanut butter, cocoa powder, cookies (what? YAY!), and a frozen banana. This is my go-to fix when I wake up craving sweets, but it’s also the perfect indulgence post heavy dinners. You know… when you still desire a little something something, but don’t want to go down the hot fudge sundae route.
Filling enough for breakfast, but equally ideal as an afternoon snack or guilt-free dessert, I just know you’re going to love this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream Breakfast Shake!A few quick notes before I go:
1) You can absolutely substitute the almond milk for skim milk, whole milk, or anywhere in between. I choose almond milk because it is low in calories, dairy free, and packed with protein. Also, I just prefer the taste over cow’s milk. That said, this chocolate peanut butter cookies and cream breakfast shake will work with pretty much any milk substitute, so ya know, do you 😉
2) You can swap in almond butter for peanut butter if preferred. I have also made this with cookie butter, if you really want to indulge.
3) It is important the bananas are chopped and frozen ahead of time. The frozen banana adds texture that is essential to the shake.
4) Feel free to add more/less honey, depending on desired sweetness level.
Next time you’re craving some Peanut Butter + Chocolate + Cookies and Cream action, why not give this super decadent chocolate peanut butter cookies and cream breakfast shake a swirl? It only takes 30 seconds in the blender… and I just know you’re going to love it. See you soon!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream Breakfast Shake
Yield 2 smoothies
A thick and creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream Breakfast Shake - perfect for an indulgent breakfast or guilt-free breakfast treat! Ready in just minutes.
- 2 large ripe bananas, cut into chunks, frozen
- 1 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (preferably with no sugar added, but any brand will really do the job)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey (more if desired)
- 3 Oreo cookies, filling removed (you can use any chocolate cream cookies you like here)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- Place all of the ingredients in the body of your blender and pulse until completely smooth. Pour into glasses and serve/drink at once.
*This smoothie is large enough to be a meal replacer.
*I make no claims that this is a low calorie meal or low carb.
*I believe this is a healthy choice for indulging responsibly, however that is a personal choice everyone must make for themselves.
Serving Size 1 smoothie
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.