Today I’m teaching you how to make the BEST Easy French Toast! And you won’t believe how quick and easy it is! Topped with maple syrup, this French toast recipe is sure to become one of your favorite breakfasts!
French Toast Recipe
When it comes to french toast, I find people either love it… or hate it. I rarely meet someone with medium-level passion on the subject. And I think the reason behind this is simple.
The folks who love french toast have experienced the euphoric pleasure of enjoying REALLY good french toast. The kind that’s thick and golden brown and crispy in all the right places. While the haters have probably only experienced sad and soggy sandwich bread slices that no amount of maple syrup can save.
Today, I hope to eliminate the latter from ever happening again! Because making restaurant-quality french toast at home is SO DARN EASY! And it’s made with basic ingredients you might have in your kitchen right now!
Thing quick: do you have eggs, milk, cream, vanilla extract, sugar, butter, and bread? If you do, you most likely have what it takes to make the best french toast! Of course, bonus points if you have fresh berries and quality maple syrup! Because in my experience, they make almost everything a little better!
How to Make Easy French Toast:
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. In a large bowl, whisk up your egg mixture! Dip bread in egg mixture. The easiest way to do this is by pouring the mixture into a 9×13-inch pan because you’ll be able to fit almost all of the slices. But any shallow dish or even a pie plate will do!
- Fry each slice until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Top with maple syrup and serve warm!
Of course, the full recipe is at the bottom of this post! But it really is as easy as 1,2,3!
What kind of bread is best for French Toast?
I’m sure there are a lot of strong opinions on this, but personally and professionally, I think brioche and challah are the best candidates for making delicious french toast!
That said, french bread is also a great candidate! And I’ve heard Texas toast can be delicious! Just please don’t use sandwich bread! It’s too thin and won’t do this recipe justice!
More French Toast Recipes:
- Brioche French Toast with Blueberry Compote
- Overnight Eggnog French Toast
- Apple Pie French Toast
- Overnight Pecan Pie French Toast
- Brown Sugar Butter Pecan French Toast
If you try this recipe for The BEST Homemade French Toast, please let me know! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #bakerbynature on instagram! Seeing your kitchen creations makes my day.
Best Easy Homemade French Toast
Yield 4 servings
Today I'm teaching you how to make the BEST Easy Homemade French Toast! And you won't believe how quick and easy it is! Top with fresh berries, powdered sugar, or maple syrup, this is sure to become one of your favorite breakfasts!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 large eggs plus 4 large egg yolks
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 and 1/2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 10 slices challah or brioche bread, sliced 3/4-inch thick
- Melt a few Tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium-heat.
- In a large shallow bowl or pie plate, whisk the eggs and egg yolks until well combined. Add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, and both sugars, and whisk until well combined. Finally, whisk in the milk, heavy cream, and vanilla.
- Dip as many slices of bread into the egg mixture as possible, allowing each side to soak up the mixture for about 2 minutes.
- Place the soaked bread slices into prepared skillet and cook until the undersides are golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip, and continue cooking on the other side until equally golden brown, about another 3 to 4 minutes. Continue with all french toast, adding more butter to the pan as needed.
- Serve warm, with maple syrup and fresh berries!