When we began planning details for our new kitchen I knew I really wanted the overall feel to be cozy, comfortable, and slightly chic. I also wanted to choose a color wisely. Since I work from home and work in the kitchen 99.9% of the time, I wanted forgiving colors and surfaces that would age well over time. These lovely Charcoal Lacquered Linen counter tops are exactly what I was dreaming they would be. The color is rich and creamy and I can’t wait to finish the rest of the kitchen, move in to our new home, and get baking!
Our kitchen is naturally pretty dark (all that wood!) and on the smaller side, so the next step for us is to sand down the cabinets and paint them white. We’re also going to get a matching back splash so everything melts together beautifully. Oh! And a dishwasher. A dishwasher is a must. We hope to have these tasks done by November and I plan on posting ALL the updates with photos right here on this page – so be sure to check back 🙂
We are so happy with the way they came out. Since the moment they were installed I have been dreaming of kitchen parties, long days of baking, and have even caught myself glimpsing down and grinning at their beauty while I’m chopping vegetables for dinner.
I know tackling a home project – especially in the kitchen – can feel scary and overwhelming, but I promise you can do it!
My top 3 tips?
1) Take your time. Seriously! When you’re choosing permanent or even semi-permanent fixtures for your home, the last thing you want to do is rush through the decision.
2) Practice patience. Good things take time! So take a few big breaths when a project feels overwhelming. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!
3) Enjoy the process! We’re having so much fun with this kitchen makeover and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I know we’ll be done with everything by Spring 2016, so right now I’m just soaking up every moment… even the stress filled ones 😉
I hope this post inspires you to make your own kitchen dreams come true! Check out the Formica® Laminate and Jonathan Adler Collection for information, inspiration and ideas.
Now for a chance to win a $100 Lowe’s gift card, tell me, how will you use Formica® Brand products in your home?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 9/17/2015 – 10/17/2015
Be sure to visit Formica® Brand’s page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!