I also made a list. It’s a blatant attempt to persuade you into baking these white chocolate, lemon, ginger blondies. There are worse things…
Ready? Let’s go!
1) It’s Monday. Mondays mean things like early mornings, errands, exercise, and email email email. Dessert is mandatory on Mondays. Amen.
2) Sugar, butter, and chocolate are a sly distraction from the mountain of laundry you didn’t take to the cleaners over the weekend. Ginger and lemon smell great and will rid your mind of laundry anxiety. At least until you realize you wore your last pair of clean socks today… Oops.
3) There’s only one bowl involved in this adventure. OK. One bowl, one pan, and one spoon. But, that’s it! You don’t need a sink full of dishes right now.
4) Your pretty little face will be lusting for something-something in the sweets department tomorrow. Because tomorrow is Tuesday. And that means we’ve still got 4 days left till the weekend. Blondie please!
5) Ice cream. Ice cream and blondies are meant for each other. And if you haven’t had a blondie ice cream sandwich yet, prepare to get your mind blown.
Spicy crystalized ginger is calmed by luscious white chocolate which is brightened up by lovely lemon zest.
Bright, fresh, and full of zing, this is one pretty pan of blondies.
Are you sold?
White Chocolate, Lemon, and Ginger Blondies – Baker by Nature
1 stick (8oz) butter, melted
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup crystalized ginger pieces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Butter an 8×8 baking dish and set aside. In a large bowl, mix melted butter and sugar together until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined. Stir in flour, salt, and ginger powder, mix until just combined. With a wooden spoon gently stir in lemon zest and white chocolate chips. Pour mixture into prepared pan and press ginger pieces on top. Bake for 25-28 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges and set in the middle. Cool completely before cutting.