Have you been looking for a healthy dinner recipe that’s quick on time and loaded with flavor? This 20-minute Baked Salmon with Maple Chipotle Sauce is for you! Fresh salmon gets covered in a sweet and spicy maple chipotle sauce then baked to flaky, flavorful perfection – it’s sure to be a new favorite. Thiiiiis recipe, you guys >>> I am in LOVE with it. On like, so many levels! Here’s why:
1. It’s crazy easy. Like start-to-finish done in 20 minutes easy. My lazy girl heart loves that so much.
2. 7 basic ingredients. SEVEN. Plus, one of them is optional (scallions) and one of them is salt (so basic), so really it’s more like five ingredients. Yessss!
3. MAPLE CHIPOTLE SAUCE <3 It’s so easy to make and once you try it I just know you’ll be hooked.
4. All of the colors. The pink and the red and the green and the…. well, it’s all just so beautiful. Food should always be delicious, but bonus points if it’s pretty, too.
5. It reminds me of a hispanic salmon dish my mom made when we were kids. The sweet, spicy sticky sauce is slathered on thick and it goes great with rice! You could also throw some veggies in there, too… if you feel like it 😉 Here’s some step-by-step pics to help you on your salmon journey! Get going 😉 First you’re going to place your salmon in an oven safe baking dish and cover it with vibrant lime zest. You may cut it into fillets, or keep it whole as I chose to do. Quick tip: if you cut it into fillets it will cook faster. Next up, make your sauce! The sauce is so easy to make. Just whisk together the chipotle sauce, maple syrup, brown sugar, and lime juice. Then pour it on the salmon! Be sure to rub it all over (you can use a pastry brush or your hands) so the flavor bakes in evenly. The chipotle sauce is key here, and really gives the salmon its wonderful flavor. I used the La Morena homemade style chipotle sauce, which was easily available at our local Mexican grocery. We also swiped up some of the La Morena pickled jalapeños, which are just dreamy on these hot ham, swiss, and jalapeño sandwiches.
Pop the pan in the oven and let it bake for 16-18 minutes, or until it’s cooked to your desired temperature (we like our salmon on the rarer side and usually pull it out at 15 minutes).
The only thing left to do is serve it up and eat! Like I mentioned earlier this goes great with rice, but I’ve also made this with noodles and salad. It’s versatile. And delicious! Be sure to snap a pic and tag me on instagram when you make it! I love seeing your creations 🙂 xo
20 Minute Baked Salmon with Maple Chipotle Sauce
- 2 pounds salmon, skin removed and cut into 6 fillets
- Zest and juice of 1 lime, divided
- 3 teaspoons La Morena homemade style chipotle sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Scallions, for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (F).
- Place fillets of fish in an ovenproof baking dish.
- Grate a little lime zest over each piece of of salmon.
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, chipotle sauce, brown sugar, maple syrup, and salt.
- Pour sauce over salmon fillets.
- Place salmon in oven and roast for 16-18 minutes, or until easily flaked apart with a fork.
- Sprinkle with scallions and serve with rice, is desired.
Baked Salmon is my faaaaavorite! I make it at least once a week and it never gets old. I’m totally jonesing over your maple chipotle sauce – I must try this pronto!!
Yesss! You’ll love it Julia 🙂
Lauren @ Kale and Cookie Dough says
Simple, easy! That sounds great. I can’t wait to try this, I don’t know why I always forget about putting salmon in the oven it is so much easier than watching it in the pan!
Yes! Baked salmon is such a breeze 🙂 Enjoy! xo
Tieghan Gerard says
DAMN. This look awesome!
Ha! Thanks girl!
waooooo. this look so yummy #client
I need crazy and easy when it comes to salmon. I always end up botching up an expensive filet. This looks so good!
This is fool proof 🙂 That’s why I love it so much!
Christine @ Cooking with Cakes says
I’ll be honest that I don’t love salmon (it’s like the only fish I can’t get behind) BUT this sauce?!?! HEAVEN. totally slathering it on my next chicken/shrimp/scallops dinner asap 🙂
All of these are beyond amazing !!! Pinning everywhere 🙂
Thank you, Lynda!