Guess what? I finally made a green smoothie I can get down with. And by get down with, I mean slurp down without gagging. Sorry for the visual… but I felt it was necessary! This smoothie is truly, really, delicious. Like a treat! And that’s like, well, a big deal!!!
The cast of characters in this tropical smoothie fairy tale include cold coconut milk, lime, frozen mango, pineapple, banana, and a big handful of power greens. I buy the power greens pre-washed and pre-packaged for extra convenience, but you can of course mix and match as you please.
In this smoothie I used a package that included baby kale, spinach, swiss chard, and arugula! Whoaaaaa. So much health. And yet all I tasted was tropical perfection. #Lifewin
You may also be interested in knowing this has been toddler and grown man approved. That’s always a big deal on this end! Just make sure you serve them niiiiiice and cold 😉
An Actually Delicious Tropical Green Smoothie
- Makes 2 large smoothies
- 1 large banana, as ripe as possible, frozen
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 big handful mixed greens (spinach, kale, baby swiss chard, etc)
- 1/2 cup pineapple, fresh or frozen is fine, just be sure it's nice and sweet if using fresh
- 1 1/2 cups cold coconut milk
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Drink at once.