Sweet and creamy, this Berry Pie Smoothie is the ultimate Summer treat!
Tuesday, as lovely as it may be, just does not strike me as “make a homemade pie” kind of day.
Unless you’re a professional pie maker, and then… I may be wrong.
But for the rest of us folk, I’d say the luxury of time is hardly on our side come the work week.
Laundry needs washing, puppies need walking, work needs to be promptly attended to, and um, have you seen your bathroom lately? Seriously… get on that.
Ok. That last part was to me. I still flip out like a 13 year old when I’m forced to clean anything. I’m working on it.
But, back to the point!
Tuesday is a smoothie day. A smoothie that tastes as good as pie, and is acceptable for breakfast… or lunch… or whatever you’re feeling.
It’s as splendid as it sounds. And looks way better in a bathing suit.
Talk about a weekday win!
Fresh Summer berries in their prime – is there a prettier sight?
Have a berry good day!
Yeh… I went there.
Berry Pie Smoothie
- 1 cup mixed berries, fresh or frozen (if using frozen, don't thaw)
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 banana, frozen and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup unsweetened milk (any variety will work)
- 1 cup vanilla bean yogurt (full fat or low fat will work)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Handful of ice
- Place ingredients in the body of a blender and pulse until smooth.