Exciting news! I took cranberry bliss bars… and made them into a delicious cookie cake for ya!
I know how much you guys love cookie cakes (I can’t blame ya – I love them, too)! And this one – with its delightfully crispy edges and seductively soft white chocolate and cranberry interior – is so perfect for your holiday table. Bonus points because it’s pretty AND easy to make!
If you’re a fan of cranberries and white chocolate, this is the perfect weekend project FOR YOU! The cookie cake is thiiiiiiiiick and delightfully chewy; loaded with dried cranberries, tons of white chocolate, and just a touch of cinnamon. It’s pure bliss! One thing tho… puh-lease let this cake cool completely before moving onto the decorating and slicing part. THIS IS MEGA IMPORTANT. I type this with drama, caps, and bold font because the cake will come out of the oven quite soft in the center. IT WILL FIRM UP. I promise! But since it’s so wonderfully thick, it takes time. If you can, make this the night before you plan on serving it, then let it cool overnight. Or, if you can’t do that, give it at least 4-5 hours. I know. Hard stuff. But totally worth it in the end 😉 These are the things we must suffer… but one bite of chewy cookie with crunchy crust makes it ALL worth it. You want the chewy and the crunchy. Trust me on this one.
Decorate this loaded cookie cake with extra white chocolate and crannies because it’s the pretty thing to do >>> THEN DIG IN.
And that’s it! I’m keeping it short today because it’s Friday… and that means afternoon yoga, early evening wine, and tons of pizza with my babe. Oh how I love the weekend!!!
What are your plans? xoxo
Cranberry Bliss Cookie Cake
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 3/4 cup white chocolate, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 teaspoons orange zest
- 8 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- In a large bowl combine the melted butter and both sugars, beat well. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; stir well to combine. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, whisking the two together *just until combined. Stir in cranberries and white chocolate (batter will be VERY thick).
- Spread into prepared pie dish, smooth the top down with a rubber spatula, pressing the center down and the sides up.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then cover the top with aluminum foil and bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (the edges should be set but the center will still be quite soft). Cool on a wire rack until completely cooled (the center will firm up a lot during this time).
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and orange zest until smooth. Add half of the melted white chocolate; beat until completely combined.
- Once the cookie cake has completely cooled, spread the frosting over the top. Sprinkle with cranberries and then drizzle the remaining white chocolate on top. Cut into pieces with a sharp knife. Store in the refrigerator until serving.