This SUPER Easy Cranberry Apple Moscow Mule recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving… or anytime you want a fun Fall cocktail! Made with apple cider, cranberry juice, ginger beer, and bourbon, this drink comes together in seconds. And it’s so refreshing! We can’t get enough!
Cranberry Apple Moscow Mules
Thursday night is date night in our house. And since my husband and I are both homebodies, most weeks we enjoy our special night from the comfort of our own home. Most weeks it’s just pizza and wine. But lately, I’ve been having fun making a simple charcuterie board along with a complimentary cocktail. All Fall themed, obviously! Usually the recipes are too simple to share, but last week I whipped up these Cranberry Apple Moscow Mules and my husband and I fell head over heels in love!!! So naturally I couldn’t wait to recreate them to share with you!
I don’t have a ton of cocktail recipes on the website, but once in a while I whip up something that’s too good not to share. And these Cranberry Apple Moscow Mules are definitely in that category! They’re light, refreshing, and so festive! And they take about 5 minutes to make, which is a major bonus! This cocktail will certainly be in heavy rotation all holiday season long! Don’t you agree?
Ingredients for Moscow Mules
- Apple Cider: NOT apple cider vinegar! That would just be gross lol. You should be apple to find apple cider in the refrigerated beverage section at most markets and grocery stores, or check your local farmers market! In a pinch, you could use apple juice, but the flavor won’t be as concentrated.
- Cranberry Juice: I prefer using 100% premium unsweetened cranberry juice because I don’t love super sweet cocktails. In a pinch, sweetened cranberry juice can work.
- Ginger Beer: Fever Tree is my FAVORITE brand of ginger beer! But we also like Q Brand. Use what you like or can easily find!
- Bourbon: Although moscow mules are traditionally made with vodka, I chose to use bourbon in this cocktail. The bourbon just works with the other ingredients, so I suggest sticking with it. Use whatever brand you love. We use Bulleit because it’s what we always have on hand. You can use any leftover bourbon to make a cranberry cinnamon whiskey sour!
- Ice: We prefer large ice cubes, but crushed ice can work.
Ok, so let’s talk optional garnishes! I’m a huge garnish girl because I love adding some extra pop and pizazz to my recipes. For this easy moscow mule, I simple topped each glass with a few frozen cranberries, apple slices, and last but not least, a sprig of fresh rosemary! These simple additions, while totally optional, really make the presentation SO impressive! And come on… don’t they just scream holiday?!
Moscow Mule Mugs
You can use regular cocktail glasses to make a moscow mule, or you can use Moscow Mule Copper Mugs! Below are a few of our favorites!
How to make a Moscow Mule
Ok, here’s the best part of of this recipe: it takes like 3 minutes to throw together!!! You’ll simply add ice to glasses, add in the bourbon, then top with the apple cider, cranberry juice, and ginger beer. Add your garnishes and serve! It’s that easy! You can also make this in a big pitcher, which is always a hit at holiday parties!
If you try this recipe for Easy Cranberry Apple Moscow Mules, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #bakerbynature on instagram! Seeing your creations makes my day.
Cranberry Apple Moscow Mule
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 4 ounces apple cider
- 1 ounce cranberry juice
- 4 ounces ginger beer
- ice cubes
- Apple slices
- Frozen cranberries
- Rosemary Sprigs
- Fill a large copper mug or a tall glass with ice.
- Add the bourbon. Then top with apple cider, cranberry juice, and finally ginger beer.
- Gently stir, then top with garnishes, if desired. Serve cold, at once.
- Double this recipe as needed!