Calling all Peanut Butter lovers! Do I have a treat for you… Thick and incredibly chewy Peanut Butter Cookie Bars that are LOADED with chocolate chunks, peanut butter cups, reese’s pieces, and peanut butter granola!
This recipe is simple, straightforward, and packed with peanut butter flavor. Home run!
Hey hey hey. Happiest of Fridays to you! This week has felt extra long (50 hours at the day job… eewwww), so I am damn ready for this weekend to get started. Do you guys have any fun plans?
I’m actually heading home to Philly for some quality time with my adorable baby brother (who keeps reminding me he is 13 now and in fact NOT a baby), and of course, I’m bringing treats for the whole family. It’s just the right thing to do… it’s also kind of expected at this point 😉
I have a pretty big family (2 brothers; one sister; one sister in-law; 2 nephews; one incredibly adorable puppy; our old lady cat; mom; and dad) so when I bake for them I try to bake recipes that can easily be doubled or even tripled. P.S. the animals don’t eat the baked goods… most of the time.
These loaded peanut butter cookie bars are thick, chewy, bursting with peanut butter flavor, exploding with pockets of gooey chocolate, topped with crunchy peanut butter candy, and finished off with a pinch of sea salt because it’s all about balance, right? If you don’t like mixing your sweet with your salty go ahead and leave that part out.
Have a wonderful weekend, friends! See you Monday… with cake? You’ll just have to wait and see 😉
Loaded Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (table; kosher; or fine sea salt will work)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 12 small peanut butter cups, cut in half
- 1/2 cup candy coated peanut butter candies (like reese's pieces)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter granola, optional
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Grease an 8x8 baking pan with butter or non-stick spray; set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan combine the peanut butter and butter; heat over medium-low until the butter is completely melted; whisk well to combine; remove from heat.
- Add the sugar into the saucepan and beat well until combined. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt, mixing just until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks, peanut butter chips, peanut butter cups, peanut butter candies, and peanut butter granola (if using).
- Using a rubber spatula spread mixture evenly into prepared pan and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until just firm and lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting (about 25 minutes), and then devour.
Erin @ Texanerin Baking says
Ahahaha. BEST RECIPE EVER! I haven’t even made them but I know this due to the fact that there are two CUPS of peanut butter. Amazing!
Nami | Just One Cookbook says
Haha! But you baked at your home in Philly? 😉 I bet these bars won’t last hours at my house!
Jen L | Tartine and Apron Strings says
I want some NOW!!!
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel says
Holy $#*! Peanut butter bars? Look at all their gooey, chunky gloriousness! I would do bad things to these bars.
sally @ sallys baking addiction says
I need these in my life right now. 🙂 I am a peanut butter fiend lately. More so than usual! Love the little granola addition.