Although I love pretty much every kind of cookie out there, fresh from the oven cookies of the chocolate variety definitely hold a special place in my heart. So today I’m sharing with you a double chocolate cookie recipe that is really easy to make and sure to win you some bonus points with the chocolate lovers in your life.
Bonus: these petite nutella chocolate fudge cookie cups make a great addition to any cookie basket you may be giving this holiday season! This recipe makes 24 cookie cups, and once they’ve cooled, they’re pretty sturdy. I think these cookies are a really sweet way to tell someone happy holidays 🙂
I topped each cookie cup with a sprinkle of salty pistachios (can’t stop; won’t stop), but you can totally ditch the nuts and decorate them with mini chocolate chips (I did that, too), sprinkles, or even crushed up candy canes! I think next time I make these I’ll do one batch of each.
These Nutella Chocolate Fudge Cookie Cups are SO easy to whip up on a whim, taking only about 15 (active) minutes to make! The dough does have to chill, but only for an hour. So that’s not too bad, right?
Nutella Chocolate Fudge Cookie Cups
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 ounces Nutella
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
For the Fudge Filling:
- 8 ounces dark or semi-sweet high quality chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 8 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl using a handheld mixer cream the butter, Nutella, and sugars until well combined; about 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add it to the creamed mixture and mix until combined. Chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F) 30 minutes before baking.
- Grease 2 (12 mold) mini muffin tins; set aside.
- Shape chilled dough into 24 small balls, each a little less than 1 inch in size.
- Place balls in prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14 minutes. Cool cookie cups in pans for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
For the filling:
- Place chopped chocolate in a small microwaveable bowl and heat on low in 20 second increments - stirring in between - until chocolate is completely melted; stir in condensed milk and salt; whisk until smooth.
- Fill each cookie cup with a scant tablespoon of the filling. Sprinkle with pistachios.
*The cookie cups will be very soft when removed from the oven. Allow them at least 5 minutes in the pan to firm up. Once cooled they'll become crunchy.