Fact: I absolutely love playing around in the kitchen! Sometimes my crazy cooking experiments don’t work out the way I plan… But other times… THEY DO. I obviously love it when that happens. It makes all the dirty dish disasters worth it 😉
I whipped up these thick and chewy cookies and cream cookies last week and WHOA did they deliver. These soft, chewy, 5-ingredient Oreo cheesecake cookies turned out exactly the way I had hoped. They’re all cookie (think crispy edges and chewy center), but taste as smooth and creamy as cheesecake. They’re totally addicting!
Question: Are you a fan of kitchen experiments? Or do you prefer to stick straight to the recipe?
Ok. So back to the cookies! This recipe is a total gem. Cookies that taste like cheesecake?! I mean, yes-yes-yes all the way home! The fact that they’re a breeze to bake up and only require 5 ingredients only makes the deal sweeter 🙂 I am a huge fan of 5 ingredient recipes! Sometimes minimalism is best.
These cookies do need to cool completely before being removed from the tray, so be sure to have your patience hat ready 😉 It’s so hard not to eat them all straight from the oven – I know! But I promise you these babies are worth the wait. Also, these cookies stay fresh for up to 4 days! Not that they’ll last that long… I suggest doubling or even tripling this recipe if you’re serving a crowd. I made a quadruple batch for nieces slumber party last week (14 boy CRAZY, funny, very load teenage girls – oy) and they devoured every last one… and then requested we make another few batches together. Of course I caved and said yes. 15 girls in a kitchen —> fun and bonkers all at once.
Go bake up a batch now and you’ll see why these 5-ingredient oreo cheesecake cookies are such a winner 😉 xoxo
5 Ingredient Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 tablespoons salted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 10 Oreo cookies, broken into pieces
- In the body of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the sugar and beat well.
- Add in flour, a small bit at a time, beating in on low speed, just until incorporated. Fold in oreos until evenly distributed.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes, and up to 2 hours.
- 30 minutes prior to baking, preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out 2 tablespoon sized balls of dough, roll them into rounds, and place them on the cookie sheet. Lightly press down on each cookie.
- Place pan in the oven to bake for 10-11 minutes, or until *just golden at the edges. They will still be very soft when you remove them from the oven - that's a good thing!
- Cool on the baking sheet for 10 full minutes, then very carefully transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy 🙂
If you’re an Oreo lover, this Triple Layer Chocolate Oreo Cake is definitely what you should bake next!