Apple Pie Calzones
Yield 4 servings
Apple Pie Calzones are a quick and creative way to enjoy apple pie this season!
- 1 pizza dough, cut into 4 even pieces
- 6 apples, cored, peeled, and thinly spiced
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
For the calzone coating:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon mixed together
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside until needed.
- Peel, core, and thinly slice your apples. In a small bowl combine brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Toss the apples together with the sugar mixture, making sure all the slices get coated.
- On a lightly floured surface roll pizza dough into 8" thin circles.
- Fill one side of each circle with 1/4 of the apple mixture, then fold the dough over the filling and pinch the edges closed to seal. You can also crimp them shut with a fork!
- Brush the tops of each calzone with a small amount of melted butter, and sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place calzones on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, and bake for 15-18 minutes. Serve with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream, and eat warm!
Recipe by Baker by Nature at https://bakerbynature.com/apple-pie-calzones/