These ultra soft and chewy double chocolate cookies are topped with a gooey marshmallow and taste just like a cup of hot cocoa. One of my all-time favorites!
Oh boy do I have something for you, today! —> This decadent recipe combines two of my favorite Wintertime treats: chocolate cookies and hot cocoa! The chocolate cookie is rich, decadent, and flavored with just a touch of cinnamon. The marshmallow on top is gooey and charred and well – just pure cocoa cookie perfection.
Spoiler alert: These cookies are AMAZING. You’ll be itching to make them again and again.
This rich, almost fudge like cookie dough comes together quick and easy – and needs no chill time. This means you can make, bake, and eat in just about 30 minutes.
So… what are you waiting for? These awesome cocoa cookies aren’t going to bake themselves 😉
Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa Cookies
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (be sure not to pack your flour)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 12 large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (F). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, lightly spray them with non-stick spray, and set aside.
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter in a small, microwave safe bowl. Heat them in the microwave for for 15 second increments of time, mixing in between each, until butter and chocolate are completely melted and can easily be whisked smooth. Set aside. *You may also do this process on the stove top if you don't own a microwave.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl whisk together the sugars, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and stir to combine - be sure not to over mix here!
- Fold in the chocolate/ butter mixture and the milk chocolate chips into the batter, stirring until everything is just combined.
- Scoop 1/4 cupfuls of the batter onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2" in between each cookie. Place one pan in the oven and bake for 16 minutes. Remove pan from oven and top each cookie with a marshmallow. Turn the oven to broil and pop the pan back in the oven for 30 seconds. Do not leave the oven during this step! *The marshmallows will brown VERY quickly, so you really just want them in the oven for a few seconds. If left unattended, they could catch fire. Repeat process with second batch of cookies.
- *Allow cookies to completely cool on the baking sheet before serving.
These cookies were incredible. Thank goodness I made a double batch. The texture and consistency of a brownie and the toasted marshmallow sent it over the edge. Thanks!
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) says
Ashley-so sweet of you to make me these cookies! ;P
I looove the chocolateyness and that toasty marshmallow on top!
Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps says
All I need is a giant cup of hot cocoa to dunk these in — double the decadence!!
Millie | Add A Little says
Wow these look delicious – I love the toasty marshmallow on top!
[email protected] says
All I can say is Yeah! Pinning right now!
Oh my goodness!!! These cookies are amazing!!!