Dangerously easy to make and eat!
Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to my latest addiction: Honey and Garlic Chicken Wings. I’m no prophet, but I really think you guys are going to go wild over these babies! They are:
- falling-off-the-bone tender
- crispy at the edges
- exploding with flavor
- honey sweetened
- slightly spicy
- ready in under an hour
- perfect for parties or game day
- and seriously SO easy to make
I made 8 pounds of these chicken wings last weekend for a family party and they were gone within 15 minutes. I recommend serving them with raspberry mango margaritas and PLENTY of napkins. Sticky fingers and faces are just part of the package 😉
These wings have so much going on! So many flavors and textures bursting in each bite. They’re perfect for people like me who want a wing with more flavor than just HOT. I love spice, but only when it’s paired with flavor. Ya feel me?
For this honey garlic sauce you’ll need: honey (duh), garlic (duh x2), balsamic vinegar, butter, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, sriracha, lime juice, and crushed red pepper flakes.
Mmm. Sweet, spicy, and seriously finger lickin’ good!!!
You’re going to need 4 pounds of chicken wings. If you’re squeamish (like me), or just short on time, I suggest asking your butcher to separate the wings from the drumsticks for you.
Juicy, crispy, flavorful wings with no deep frying! This recipe is a keeper.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #bakerbynature on Instagram! Seeing your kitchen creations makes my day. ♥
Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
Yield 4 pounds chicken wings, serves 10
Baked honey garlic chicken wings ready in about one hour!
- For the wings:
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For the sauce:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh scallions, chopped, for garnish
- For the wings:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (F). Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, set aside. Dry the chicken wings thoroughly with paper towels, pressing down hard to remove as much excess moisture as possible. Place the chicken wings in a large bowl and set aside. In a small bowl combine the melted butter, sesame oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour this mixture over the wings and use your hands to evenly coat each piece. Spread the wings in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes, or until the skins look browned and crisp, using tongues to flip them over halfway.
- About 15 minutes before the wings are done, make your sauce.
- For the sauce:
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the crushed red pepper, ginger, and garlic and cook for one minute, or until fragrant. Add in the honey, Sriracha, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, and lime juice. Bring the mixture to light boil and simmer, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Stir in the cornstarch and cook until just thickened up - about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- When the wings have finished baking, carefully remove the tray from the oven. Increase the oven temperature to the broiler setting. Carefully remove the wings from the baking sheet and transfer to a large, heatproof bowl. Pour the warm sauce over the wings and gently toss to coat. Drain any excess oil from the baking sheet, then transfer the wings back to the prepared sheet and place the pan in the oven for 4-5 minutes. Stay near your oven during this time; the broiler acts fast. Carefully remove wings from the oven and transfer them to a large serving platter. Sprinkle the wings with sesame seeds, scallions, and more honey (if desired). Serve at once, with lots of napkins.
Serving Size 3-4 wings
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.