This easy decadent recipe combines three of my all-time favorite treats: dark chocolate, salted caramel, and marshmallows! Top the melted chocolate with a sprinkle of crushed graham crackers and you’ve got a bite-sized s’mores treat. These are a new favorite!
Today is my first post since the holiday break (I missed you guys!!!), and this one is for all you marshmallows lovers out there! These (store bought) marshmallows are drenched in a homemade salted caramel sauce, dipped in luscious dark chocolate, then topped with a pinch of crushed graham crackers. They are loaded with flavor, texture, and personality!
Since the marshmallows and chocolate are store-bought, most of the work is already done for you. The salted caramel sauce is made at home from scratch, but don’t worry – it’s super easy and no fancy equipment is required. Just follow this 6-Minute Small Batch Salted Caramel Sauce and you’ll be dipping marshmallows in no time.
The first step is an important one. Line the marshmallows on a large baking sheet (lined with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat) and pop them in the freezer for 15 minutes. This allows them to firm up (without freezing completely), making it much easier to dip them in the caramel sauce.
Then you’ll place the marshmallows back on the baking sheet and pop the pan back in the freezer for another 15 minutes, or until the caramel has set enough and each marshmallow can easily be lifted off the pan.
Now it’s chocolate time! You’re going to quickly dip each marshmallow into the melted chocolate, allowing any excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. Then you’ll simply place the marshmallow back on the prepared sheet. You can drizzle some chocolate over the top of them once all of the bottoms are dipped, and then sprinkle the tops with crushed graham cracker crumbs. This makes them taste like just s’mores!!!
For this recipe I use my Artisan silicon mat. It’s a life saver when it comes to candy making!
Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Dipped Marshmallows
- (1) 16 oz bag of large marshmallows
- (2) batches of Six-Minute Salted Caramel Sauce (link to recipe in post)
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons coconut or canola oil
- 1/4 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Line the prepared baking sheet with the marshmallows. Place pan in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- While the marshmallows set, make your caramel sauce.
- Once the marshmallows are ready, dip the bottom end of each marshmallow into the caramel, then place it back onto the prepared pan. Repeat with all marshmallows. Place the pan back into the freezer and let the caramel set; about 15 minutes.
- While the caramel sets, melt your chocolate. To do this, place the chopped chocolate in a small microwaveable bowl, add in the oil, and heat on low for 30 second increments, stirring in between each, until chocolate is completely melted and can be whisked smooth. Set aside.
- When the caramel is set, remove the pan from the freezer and dip each marshmallow into the melted chocolate; repeat with all marshmallows. Drizzle remaining chocolate over the tops of the marshmallows, then sprinkle with the crushed graham cracker crumbs.
- Allow chocolate to set before eating/serving.
*When dipping the marshmallows in the caramel, don't let too much caramel drip off before transferring it to the baking sheet. The caramel will make a little pool around the bottom of the marshmallow when cooled, making it easy to peel off the silicon sheet.
*If you don't like dark chocolate, you can use milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate, but the marshmallows may be cloying sweet with a sweeter chocolate.
*This is a recipe for sweet teeth 🙂 The salt and dark chocolate help balance out the sweetness, but even with those ingredients the end result is a very sweet treat.
Serving Size 1 marshmallow
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*Affiliate links are used in this post