Because swimsuit season is like HERE, and because I happened to have it on hand, I used ground turkey meat as the crust of this meatza. I know for a fact you can use ground beef with the same wonderful results, so if you’re more of a beef gal (or guy), feel free to fly that way.
The base of this unconventional and oh-so-fabulous pie is topped with tangy marinara, fresh tomatoes, and gooey mozzarella before taking a trip to the oven for a good old fashioned bake down. Once it’s gooey and golden, a sprinkle of fresh basil around the top seals the deal.
Oh yes! This is meatza perfection. <3<3<3
If you love meat… if you love pizza… if you love eating 3 slices guilt free, well, psssh – go make a meatza!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds ground turkey meat
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces fresh shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup tomato sauce (there is a link in the post if you'd like to make your own!)
- 2 small roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (F).
- In a small bowl mix together salt, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, ground black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Mix ground meat, worcestershire sauce, and eggs together in a mixing bowl until well combined. Add Parmesan cheese and seasoning mixture to meat; combine. Press ground beef mixture into a lightly greased large round pizza pan, spread out evenly.
- Place pan into the preheated oven and bake until meat is no longer pink, about 15 minutes.
- Pat off any grease that may be on the top with a paper towel.
- Turn oven setting to broil.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese over baked meat, followed by the tomato sauce and tomatoes. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over pizza.
- Broil until cheese is melted and lightly browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve at once! Enjoy :)