And now I give you MEATZA. Yes; Like all the glory and wonder of pizza, but with meat as the crust. Whoa. What? It’s for real!!! And it’s going to blow your mind.
Because swimsuit season is like HERE, and because I happened to have it on hand, I used ground turkey meat as the crust of this meatza. I know for a fact you can use ground beef with the same wonderful results, so if you’re more of a beef gal (or guy), feel free to fly that way.
The base of this unconventional and oh-so-fabulous pie is topped with tangy marinara, fresh tomatoes, and gooey mozzarella before taking a trip to the oven for a good old fashioned bake down. Once it’s gooey and golden, a sprinkle of fresh basil around the top seals the deal.
Oh yes! This is meatza perfection. <3<3<3
If you love meat… if you love pizza… if you love eating 3 slices guilt free, well, psssh – go make a meatza!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds ground turkey meat
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces fresh shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup tomato sauce (there is a link in the post if you'd like to make your own!)
- 2 small roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (F).
- In a small bowl mix together salt, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, ground black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Mix ground meat, worcestershire sauce, and eggs together in a mixing bowl until well combined. Add Parmesan cheese and seasoning mixture to meat; combine. Press ground beef mixture into a lightly greased large round pizza pan, spread out evenly.
- Place pan into the preheated oven and bake until meat is no longer pink, about 15 minutes.
- Pat off any grease that may be on the top with a paper towel.
- Turn oven setting to broil.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese over baked meat, followed by the tomato sauce and tomatoes. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over pizza.
- Broil until cheese is melted and lightly browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve at once! Enjoy 🙂