Happy Friday, friends! We did it!!! And to celebrate another week coming to an end, I made us a pizza.
I used plain old pizza sauce and mozzarella as the “base” of this pie, and really think they help balance out the stronger flavors that the other ingredients bring, so just be careful if you’re going to swap cheeses or sauces… or it might get too intense
Have a great weekend, guys! And who knows… I may even see you tomorrow with a sweet treat xo
- 1 large pizza crust, rolled out into a large square
- 2 tablespoons olive oil; divided
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 8 ounce fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- (1) 12 ounce package spicy sausage (veggie variety works too!), sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 cup plump sun dried tomatoes, roughly chopped, but not too small
- 1 handful fresh arugula leaves
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees (F).
- Roll pizza dough out on a clean surface to desired shape.
- Carefully transfer dough to a large, lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly around the center of the dough, keeping a 2" barrier from the edges.
- Sprinkle with cheese, seasoning, and garlic. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over top the pizza; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil and sliced sausage. Cook for 2 minutes, then flip rounds and cook on the other side for an additional 2 minutes. Use a slotted spatula to remove the sausage from the pan; transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Top pizza with sausage and sun dried tomatoes, and place in the oven to bake for 10-13 minutes, or until the crust in golden and the cheese has completely melted and begun to bubble and slightly brown.
- Sprinkle pizza with arugula leaves.
- Cut into 12 pieces and serve at once!