This sinfully simple 5-ingredient candy corn cookie cake is the perfect treat to celebrate Halloween! Quick and Easy never tasted so good!
Confession time! I’ve gone just a little cookie cake crazy these past few months! It all started with that Ultimate peanut butter chocolate chip cookie cake! Then that Halloween candy cookie cake came along and really hooked me. And now… a CANDY CORN cookie cake! I wanted to hold out on this one a little while so I didn’t look like the crazy cookie cake lady (that I am…), but after seeing my friends ecstatically pleased reaction to this ooey gooey treat, I knew I had to share asap!
That’s what friends are for 😉
This candy corn cookie cake requires only 5 basic ingredients! Yep. FIVE! Rad, right?
You’ll need flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and candy corn (of course). That’s it. Simple express, right here.
Noooooooow. Let’s talk details. There is one thing you must – I repeat, MUST – do before baking this cookie cake. You gotta freeze the candy corn. For at least two hours; preferably overnight. This is actually a really simple step because you can just throw the whole bag in the freezer and forget about it until you’re ready to bake.
Are you wondering why we freeze them…? Well, simply put, candy corn melts easily, and since we’ll be baking them for close to 30 minutes, we want them as cold as possible. Also, you should be sure to cover any exposed corn cobs with a little speck of cookie dough. This helps prevent melted candy corn pockets.
If you want the pretty presentation of exposed candy corn pieces on the top, simply press them into the cake (gently) right after it’s been removed from the oven.
The cake does need quite a bit of time to cool (it’s nice and thick, so it needs more time than a typical batch of cookies) so I suggest baking this at night and allowing it to rest overnight before cutting, if possible. If that’s not possible, leave at least one hour for the cake to cool before cutting in. The cooler the cake, the neater the slices will be.
I decided to get extra fancy and decorate this cookie cake with a vanilla buttercream frosting. It’s so simple to make and worth the effort if you’re an icing lover 😉 That said – this cake is 100% sweet enough just as is. Any way you slice it, this cake is sure to be a new Fall favorite! Xoxo
5-Ingredient Candy Corn Cookie Cake
- 2 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons butter (1 1/2 sticks), at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (10 1/2 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup candy corn, *FROZEN
- Freeze candy corn for at least 2 hours before making this recipe.
- When ready to make…
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F). Spray a 9" inch pie plate with non-stick spray or grease well with butter; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in egg and egg yolk; beat until combined. Stir in flour; don't over mix here! Fold in candy corn.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape the cookie batter into the prepared pie plate; smooth the top, being sure to cover any exposed candy corn with a little cookie dough batter.
- Place pie pan in the freezer for 5 minutes, then place in the oven and bake for 30-32 minutes. The center should be *just set. Allow cake to cool *completely before serving.
*You must allow the cookie cake to cool completely before cutting or it will fall apart. If possible, make the night before serving and allow it to cool overnight.
*When removing the cake from the oven, the center should be set, but not completely solid; a slight wiggle is OK.
*I decorated the edges of this cake with a simple vanilla buttercream. You can find the recipe here http://bakerbynature.com/perfect-one-bowl-vanilla-cupcakes-with-vanilla-buttercream-frosting/