Brown Butter Salted Pretzel and Toffee Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea sat + more for sprinkling
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted until browned
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup salted pretzels, chopped
- 3/4 cup chocolate toffee bits
- 24 mini peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line two large cookie sheets with parchment; set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat melt 1 stick of the butter, whisking constantly, until it reaches a golden brown color; remove from heat at once. Add the second stick of butter into the brown butter and stir until complete melted.
- Transfer melted butter to a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Add sugars and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs and mix for 30 seconds; the eggs will not be totally incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients in thirds, mixing just until combined.
- Stir in the chopped pretzels and toffee bits.
- Using a large ice cream scoop or a 2 tablespoon measuring spoon form cookies with the dough and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Press a peanut butter cup in the center of each cookie, then top each with another scoop of dough. Press the dough together lightly around the edges, then press a pretzel in the top of each cookie (optional). Sprinkle with sea salt, then place in the oven to bake for 15-16 minutes, rotating the pan for even color and baking.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with milk!
- Cookies stay good for up to 3 days stored in an airtight container... but I doubt they'll last that long ;)
Recipe by Baker by Nature at https://bakerbynature.com/brown-butter-salted-pretzel-and-toffee-peanut-butter-cup-stuffed-cookies/