I can’t think of a better way to kiss 2014 goodbye than with a big ol’ tray of peanut butter blondies! Loaded with crunchy pretzels, gooey chocolate, and reese’s pieces – these are a peanut butter lovers dream come true!
I have one foot out the door to hunt down some champagne flutes (and um, champagne!), so we’ll quick this post niiiice and quick.
Btw, what are your plans for New Year’s Eve?! Going out? Staying home? A little bit of both?
Today we have loaded peanut butter pretzel blondies that are sure to make any serious PB fan weak in the knees. These thick, chewy cookie bars are loaded with chocolate chips, crunchy peanut butter candy, and salty pretzels. They are pure peanut butter and chocolate perfection.
Loaded Peanut Butter Pretzel Blondies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Reese's pieces
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Line a 9x13" baking pan with aluminum foil so that the foil extends 2" beyond the short ends of the pan. Generously spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using a hand held mixer, beat the butter and peanut butter on medium-speed until smooth, creamy, and completely combined; about 2 minutes. Add the brown sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy; about 2 minutes. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla. Reduce the mixer speed to low; add in dry ingredients and beat until just combined. Turn mixer off and stir in reese's pieces and chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
- Using the rubber spatula, scrape the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top. Press pretzels lightly into the top of the batter, and add a few extra chocolate chips/reese's pieces if desired.
- Bake the bars for 35 minutes, or until they are golden brown and almost completely set. They will firm up quite a bit as they cool, so be sure not to over bake.
- Cool completely in the pan before cutting in squares and serving.