Happy Saturday! Let’s start this weekend off with spicy sauce and poached eggs… together! In one skillet. So simple. So spicy. So totally what your morning needs!
Did I mention all this deliciousness happens within 20 minutes?! That’s love right there… <3<3<3
Be sure to have lots of bread on hand for dipping. Dipping is half the fun! And we all know bread can take any good situation and turn it into greatness. It’s a superhero. I highly recommend getting some with a good crust for this saucy situation. You won’t regret it.
Now go get crackin’ 🙂 Those eggs won’t poach themselves! I’ll be back in a little while with something sweet for you! xoxo
Puttanesca Poached Eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
- 5 kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley or arugula, roughly chopped
- (1) 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated (or more as needed)
- 2 slices bread (your choice to serve)
- Heat oil in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and chili flakes and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the capers, olives, and parsley and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and salt, and allow the mixture to come to a bubble. Remember - it needs to be hot enough to poach an egg in! Sizzle sizzle.
- When the sauce is at a rapid boil, crack in the eggs, sprinkle the Parmesan over them, and partially cover the pan with a lid. Let it simmer and bubble for 5 minutes, by which time the white should be set and the yolk still runny - keep an eye on it.
- When the eggs are cooked, remove the pan from heat and serve. Sprinkle with a little more Parmesan if desired, and serve with lots of bread for dunking! Enjoy.
- *This will serve one very hungry person