Roasted Lime and Garlic Shrimp Cocktail – A flavorful spin on the classic!
I have to be honest, when I initially made this recipe last week, I had zero intention of sharing it on the blog. I simply had a hankering for shrimp, and wanted them in the quickest, easiest way possible. I also wanted to dress them up with some major flavor (naturally). So I tossed said shrimp with a little lime juice, a little lime zest, and few cloves of garlic; arranged them onto a baking sheet and then popped them into the oven; and roasted them to plump, pink, shrimp-y perfection. I also whipped up the easiest homemade cocktail sauce because, um… dipping is delicious. The results?! Well let’s just say I only had enough self control to snap a few quick photos before diving in! This is a great recipe for parties, picnics, and BBQ celebrations; it also makes a wonderful light lunch or dinner. The shrimp only 8 or 9 minutes in the oven, so you can have this on the table FAST. Enjoy! xoxo
Roasted Lime and Garlic Shrimp Cocktail
- For the 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with the tails kept on
- Zest of 1 large lime
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
For the cocktail sauce:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 -2 tablespoon horseradish (or to taste)
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper pepper
For the Shrimp:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (F). Place the shrimp in an even layer on a large baking sheet; set aside. In a small bowl combine the lime zest, lime juice, oil oil, salt, pepper, and garlic; stir well to combine. Pour the mixture over the shrimp and toss the shrimp around a little to help coat them evenly. Be sure to arrange the shrimp in an even layer without any of them overlapping when finished. Roast the shrimp for 8-9 minutes, or until they're pink and opaque all the way through. Transfer shrimp to a clean dish and let them cool. Place in the fridge until needed.
For the cocktail sauce:
- In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients, mixing well to evenly combine. Chill until needed.
Christine @ Cooking with Cakes says
LOVE how quick and easy this is girrrl, perfect for weeknights!
Thank you, girl!
These shrimp look so flavorful!!!
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel says
I love regular shrimp cocktail and I KNOW I’d flip for this zesty lime and garlic version!