Thick, chewy, and loaded with 3 chocolate varieties, these blondies are a chocolate lovers dream! Only one-bowl needed to make these delicious treats!
Blondies… how appropriate for my life right now. This week has just been full of “blonde” moments. It all started with me leaving my phone in a taxi Sunday morning; I did not get it back. The following day I left my brand new satchel, containing new camera and wallet, at the gym; thank goodness this I was able to retrieve. I ran all 8 Manhattan avenues like a maniac back, luckily it was still there. This morning I dropped my keys down the sewer while trying to switch the song on my ipod. Me…? A Hot MESS? Nooooooooo. Not at all 😉 Now where’s my wine?!
Today I realized very last minute I needed to make a big batch of something to donate for a bake sale, raising money for Japan (earthquakes… whhhhhhy?!). My head danced with ideas of fancy cupcakes or pristine sugar cookies rolled in lovely fondant. Cake pops? Macrons maybe?
Luckily my brain also waved a big fat red flag reminding me not to take on more then I could handle and avoid the emotional breakdown that no doubt follow close behind. Good job, brain!
Then it hit me, BLONDIES! Don’t let the name fool you; blondies are actually one smart cookie. Or cookie bar. Or whatever. I’ll tell you what they are! They’re amazingly yummy and delicious and easy and addicting. <—— Nailed it!
These beauties have only a few basic ingredients, all of which you probably already have. What things to throw in is all up to you. I added milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate chunks to these babies. They turned out divine, and I scarfed 3 down with a glass of milk. Cue belly ache. But ya know what? It was totally worth it. And I saved one to join me for coffee in the morning. Lucky me!
Make these for your boyfriend, best friend, or the cute guy that just moved in next door. They will love you. Heck, make em for yourself because your amazing and deserve a treat!
Triple Chocolate Blondies
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F) (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8 pan; set aside.
- Melt butter, then mix with brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg, then add the vanilla; stir until well combined. Mix in the salt and flour and stir until everything is combined. Quickly fold in the chocolates. Smooth batter into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. The center should not shake when you wiggle the pan, but they will be moist and gooey. Cool completely in pan before cutting and serving.