Light and fluffy whole wheat banana bread pancakes are full of flavor, studded with cinnamon chips, and so delicious you won’t even know they’re good for you! As far as pancakes go, that is 😉
One thing I love RIGHT now: these pancakes! I am totally smitten with them.
So much so that I’m just a tad distracted by the fact that there are about 12 of these babies sitting in our freezer… and the syrup is so close I can almost smell it… and I could have them in a stack and steamy in less than 5 minutes… and and and
No. Focus, Ashley. Focus. I’m here to tell you why you should make these. I’m here to talk to you about pancakes! I’m here to get you all gaga and googoo eyed over the syrup bottle scenario.
And I’m now going to harbor all the self control I have and make that happen 😉 You ready?
Let’s do this!
So pancakes. These pancakes. They are sneaky! Sneaky good for you, that is. Or at least, ya know, better for you. The recipe uses 100% whole wheat flour, a mix of almond milk and greek yogurt, and just a touch of olive oil. But don’t worry – you won’t even notice it’s there. Pinky promise 😉
In addition to all of those wonderful, healthy ingredients, these pancakes also feature ripe, smashed bananas, cinnamon chips, and a dash of warming spices to give them the real “banana bread” effect we were looking for. They’re also SO thick, light and fluffy. I was majorly impressed with their shape and texture, which are important things in the game of pancakes.
Now, all you need to do is run to your kitchen, sizzle up a towering stack, and top with whatever you choose. But may I suggest fresh banana slices, a handful of cinnamon chips, and real maple syrup? They are truly the perfect touch to your breakfast happy ending.
Whole Wheat Cinnamon Chip Banana Bread Pancakes
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- campaignIcon Recipes
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 large ripe bananas, pureed or smashed VERY well
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup cinnamon chips, plus extra for sprinkling
- Sliced banana pieces and maple syrup for serving, optional
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, brown sugar, and olive oil together. Add the almond milk, yogurt, banana puree, and vanilla; whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, flour, baking powder, and salt; mix just until incorporated. Add the water and stir until smooth. Stir in cinnamon chips.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto a medium-hot (greased) griddle and cook for about 3 minutes on the first side, or until the top starts to bubble ferociously; flip and finish cooking for 1-2 minutes on the other side. Serve hot with syrup, bananas, cinnamon chips, or anything else you may desire.