For the most part, the fish we make around here is either baked or blackened, but once in awhile, it’s fun to shake things up a bit. Last week we found sushi grade ahi tuna on SUPER sale and decided to make our very own ahi tuna poke bowls at home. You can add almost anything you want to a poke bowl, but we chose to keep them very light, simply adding avocado, scallions, cilantro, and light ginger soy dressing to the fish.
These flavorful bowls came together in just minutes, and didn’t disappoint! I’m sure they’re a new go-to meal when we want something quick, easy, and full of flavor! This is an easy, fool-proof recipe with a slightly indulgent twist sure to please any night of the week 😉
Quick and Healthy Ahi Tuna and Avocado Poke
- 2 pounds fresh tuna steaks, cubed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 small ripe avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a medium size bowl, combine Ahi tuna, soy sauce, green onions, ginger, sesame oil, sesame seeds, chili pepper, and avocado; mix well. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with cilantro and serve at once!