If you love fudgsicles, you have to try these Healthy Greek Yogurt Chocolate Fudge Pops! The perfect frozen treat to cool off with on a hot Summer day! Make a big batch and store them in the freezer.
It’s no secret I have a major weakness for frozen desserts. Ice cream, milkshakes, margaritas, you name it, I love it! But my favorite frozen treat of all time? FUDGE POPS. They’re basically Summer on a stick! And once the warm weather rolls in, I want them on the daily. And thanks to this healthy fudgesicle recipe, now I can!!! Made with just 4 healthy ingredients, you can enjoy these fudge pops guilt free!
This recipe is my take on the classic fudge pop! But I’ve stripped the ingredient list down to include just 4 basic products:
- Greek yogurt
- Semi-sweet chocolate
- and Vanilla Extract
So simple, right? For the Greek yogurt, I do recommend using full-fat, but reduced fat and fat-free Greek yogurt may be used if you don’t mind a slightly less creamy pop.
For the milk anything from cow’s milk to your favorite non-dairy milk beverage will work. I love (LOVE LOVE LOVE) using chocolate almond milk in this recipe, and if you don’t have a nut allergy, highly recommend you give it a try! My second favorite milk option is using whole cow’s milk, which gives these pops an extremely creamy texture.
For the chocolate I recommend using your favorite brand of semi-sweet chocolate chips. The chocolate flavor really shines through in these pops, so using good chocolate – or at least a chocolate you know you enjoy – is a must. I always use Ghirardelli Brand Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips in these pops, which are easily found in most grocery stores and online.
For this recipe you’ll also need a popsicle mold and popsicle sticks.
Need help picking out a winner popsicle mold? No problem >>> I’ve included a link to the popsicle mold I own and love at the end of this post. ♡♡♡
Making this recipe is also seriously simple! You’ll melt your chocolate in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stir in your milk and bring to the gentlest simmer, then remove the mixture from heat and cool for a few minutes. Once cooled, stir in your Greek yogurt and vanilla, run this mixture through a sieve, and pour it into your Popsicle molds. This takes like 8 minutes total!
Pro Popsicle Making Tip: Freeze your pops for about 1 hour before inserting the Popsicle sticks. Semi-freezing the fudge pops first helps ensure you won’t push the stick in too deep.
Freeze these babies for a few hours before digging in! If you’re new to Popsicle making, this is a wonderful recipe to start with. The ingredient list is short, the method is easy, and the results are magnificent. You got this!
Here’s the link to the Popsicle tray that I used for this recipe and love dearly!
Healthy Greek Yogurt Chocolate Fudge Pops
Yield 12 Pops
Cold and creamy Chocolate Fudge Pops make with Greek Yogurt!
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chocolate almond milk, cow's milk, or non-dairy milk of your choice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Vanilla Greek Yogurt (Full-fat recommended for creamiest results)
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat melt the chocolate chips, stirring constantly, until completely melted.
- Add in the milk and increase the heat to medium; bring to a gentle simmer, stirring constantly, then remove from heat.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Whisk in vanilla and Greek yogurt; mix well until completely smooth. Place a fine-mesh sieve over a large bowl (preferably one with a spout) and pour the chocolate mixture through the sieve.
- Pour the strained chocolate liquid into the Popsicle molds and place them in the freezer for 1 hour. At this point remove the pops from the freezer and insert the Popsicle sticks in. Freeze for 5 hours, or until hard.
Serving Size 1 Pop
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.