Chocolate lovers will go crazy for this decadent Homemade Chocolate Martini Recipe! Made with a homemade chocolate syrup instead of chocolate liqueur, they’re not too sweet and won’t give you a stomach ache after one sip! Garnish the martini glasses with cocoa powder, chocolate curls, or a sprig of fresh mint!
TGIF! Today we’re busting out the cocktail shaker and making one of my favorite adult beverages: chocolate lovers martinis!
Sticking with the theme of chocolate month, these cocktails are LOADED with chocolate flavor! Thanks in large part to a homemade chocolate syrup and creme de cacao.Most recipes call for vodka and chocolate liqueur, but I had an impossible time finding Godiva chocolate liqueur. And when I finally did, I was shocked that it was 45 dollars for one bottle! So I decided to take matters into my own hands and make a quick and easy alternative instead! I also really like that by doing this, I get to control exactly what ingredients go into my cocktail. And can rest assured no weird chemicals, corn syrups, sugars and stabilizers are in it.
Let’s Make Chocolate Syrup!
My easy homemade chocolate syrup is made with water, Dutch-process cocoa powder, sugar, and chocolate. Please, use real high-quality chopped chocolate from a bar; not chocolate chips! You’ll melt these ingredients together in a small saucepan and bring the mixture to boil. Then you’ll strain everything through a fine mesh strainer and chill until completely cool! This will take about an hour, so you do need to plan ahead time-wise. But the good news? You can make this up to 1 week in advance and keep it stored, covered, in the fridge.
How to Make Chocolate Martinis
Once your chocolate syrup is done, you’re ready to assemble and shake! First, dip the rims of the glasses in some chocolate syrup! This is optional, but really makes the cocktail indulgent! You can also drizzle some of the syrup inside the glass.
Next, fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the vodka, creme de cacao, chocolate syrup, and half and half (this is found in the dairy aisle). Shake that baby up! Then pour into a cocktail glass.
This recipe makes one cocktail, but you can double and triple as needed.
These are definitely not a rich and creamy as the chocolate martinis most restaurants serve up… and that’s what I love about them! They’re decadent, boozy, and full of chocolate flavor. But not to rich and creamy you’re going to feel ill after a few sips! Let me know how you like them… and cheers!
See you next week for Chocolate Month WEEK 3!
More Boozy Chocolate Recipes:
- Baileys Irish Cream Chocolate Pudding
- Easy Amaretto Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- Grand Marnier Molten Chocolate Cakes
- Brown Butter Bourbon Pecan Chocolate Chunk Blondies
- Red Wine Chocolate Cake
- Kahlua Chocolate Truffles
Homemade Chocolate Martini Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa power
- 1/2 ounce 60% dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 ounces vodka (I like using vanilla vodka but regular is fine)
- 1 and 1/2 ounces dark creme de cocoa
- 1 and 1/2 ounces half and half
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, cocoa powder, chocolate, and both sugars. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer and let cool. You can store this in the fridge for up to a week!
- When ready, fill a cocktail shaker full of ice. Pour in the vodka, creme de cocoa, half and half, and 2 ounces of the chocolate syrup.
- Shake vigorously, then strain into a cocktail glass! Doll it up with shaved chocolate curls and a mint sprig, and drink right away!
This post may contain affiliate links! This means I will get a small commission if you purchase one of the items I linked to, with no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Baker by Nature!