As much as I love cooking special dinners, some nights, I just want to get the whole process done and over with. You know the feeling, right? When you’re hungry and just want something fast, easy, and flavorful. For me this feeling happens at least once a week! Especially now that we’re in full blown Summer mode temperature wise. It was 90 degrees yesterday! And word is it’s going up to 94 today. Time to crank on that A/C and hide from the kitchen…
This penne pasta dish features a creamy roasted red pepper sauce, fresh cherry tomatoes, toasted pine nuts, and tangy feta cheese. There’s also a hearty handful of basil in the mix for an extra pop of freshness. This pasta is like Summer in a bowl!
I used gluten free penne for this pasta, and we didn’t even notice the switch!
The recipe will also work perfectly fine with regular pasta – whatever floats your boat 😉 xoxo!!!
Penne with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, Pine Nuts, Fresh Tomato, and Feta (Gluten Free)
- (1) 8 oz box of GF Penne (I used this one http://ancientharvest.com/product/supergrain-pasta-penne/)
- 1 1/2 cups creamy roasted red pepper sauce, warmed (link in post)
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain well.
- Toss warm pasta with 1 cup of roasted red pepper sauce, toss well. Add more sauce as needed.
- Top pasta with feta, tomatoes, and basil. Serve at once.