Say hello to my little friend… Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Stuffed Pepperoncini! These cute little bites are pure perfection and a must-make for your next party.
If you invite me to your home for a party/casual gathering/bible study/baby shower/or any event in between, there’s a 99.9% chance I’m bringing you (ok…us) a snack. More specifically, said chance snack will most likely be these creamy, briny, salty, and totally addicting Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Stuffed Pepperoncini Peppers. Bonus points cause they’re pretty and vibrant!
With only a few simple (pretty healthy) ingredients and a 5 minute prep time, making these for your next shindig is a no-brainer. They’re seriously the perfect bite and always a party favorite! Between me and you… sometimes I make a half batch just for me; just for my lunch. They’re just that good 😉 xoxo
Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Stuffed Pepperoncini Peppers
- 1 (24-oz.) jar whole pepperoncini peppers (about 40 peppers), drained and patted dry with paper towels
- 12 ounces cream cheese, VERY soft
- 1/4 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 pound smoked salmon, cut into long, thin strips
- Make a small incision - lengthwise - on the side of each pepper. Very carefully remove the seeds and discard them. Thoroughly dry the peppers with paper towels; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, dill, lemon zest, salt, and pepper; mix well until completely combined (feel free to use a handheld mixer if you have one available).
- Use a small spoon to scoop 2 teaspoons of the filling into each pepper. Wrap a thin, long strip of salmon around each pepper and secure with a toothpick. Garnish with dill and lemon zest, if desired. Serve at once or keep cold in the fridge until needed.
Senika @ Foodie Blog Stalker says
These look AHHH-MAZING!!! I’ve been in a salami/cream cheese/pepperoncini rut and am SO happy to have found this app! Pinned 🙂
I made these last night….I thought they were pretty good, my cousin loved them and my husband not so much. So, mixed reviews….my salmon was too flaky, so it wouldn’t wrap around the peppers, but I just placed it on top instead. I do like the idea of having “poppers” that you don’t have to bake!
Hi Tammy. They’re definitely not for everyone as they are quite flavorful 🙂 I’m glad you and your cousin enjoyed them!
That is probably because you used smoked salmon, and the salmon in the picture is lox, which is a fillet of brined salmon. It’s much more flexible and moist than smoked salmon. A very different taste! No judgment here, just a love for salmon 😉
Delicious!! My husband and I could hardly prepare them ,for eating them!