You guys. We’re finally settled! Well, at least for now. I mentioned in my last post we were moving – and we did. But it was only part one (cue the hand to forehead and deep sigh)! We’ll be in Philadelphia for a month (YAY), then, we move upstate come September! I’m looking forward to all of it, but sheesh – moving is hard work! Thankfully we have some very sweet family vacation time coming up next week, so there will be major unwinding (read:lots of strawberry mango margaritas in the sun) before that. But enough about me – what’s new with you? I have missed you guys so much this past (crazy) week! And I promise lots of make-up goodies are on the way 😉
For todays Sunday Supper we’re keeping it SUPER simple and going to town on spicy chipotle shrimpy BLTs! I’m all about sandwiches this Summer, and with tomatoes at their peak, I just knew we needed a BLT situation stat. This version is pretty basic, with just two tiny changes that take it from great to epic.
The first change is we’re adding shrimp to this bad boy! Adding grilled (or skillet seared) shrimp to this sandwich is an easy step that only takes an extra few minutes of prep time, and will increase your eating enjoyment tenfold. That’s a promise! The second change is the addition of a chipotle mayo. This is also super simple, and takes seconds to assemble. It also can be stored in an airtight container and used throughout the week. Score!
Happy Sunday, friends! xo
Sunday Suppers: Spicy Chipotle Shrimp BLTs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, cleaned, peeled, and tails removed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 8 slices toasted whole wheat bread (or whatever bread you like)
- 1/2 cup mayo OR greek yogurt (I used Greek yogurt because I don't like mayo; both will do the job)
- 2 teaspoons chipotle adobe sauce from a can of chipotle peppers
- 8 slices of bacon, fried until crispy
- 8 slices of tomato
- 2 big handfuls of baby spinach leaves (or any other lettuce you like)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Toss shrimp in a small bowl with salt, pepper, and lime zest.
- Add shrimp to skillet and cook for 1 minute, flip, then cook for another 1-2 minutes, or just until shrimp are pink and firm. Be sure not to overcook here; shrimp cook FAST!
- Squeeze lime juice over shrimp.
- In a small bowl mix the mayo with the chipotle sauce. Add a little sauce at a time, tasting as you go to make sure you don't make it too spicy. Add salt to the mayo if needed (I found I needed a little salt in the greek yogurt).
- Spread the chipotle mayo on each slice of bread, then layer 4 of the pieces with crispy bacon, shrimp, lettuce, and tomato. Add a top layer of bread to each, cut in half, and dig in!