A spicy, skinny take on Shrimp and broccoli. This healthy meal is ready to eat in just 20 minutes and is exploding with delicious flavor. Take-out // Fake-out strikes again! Happy Sunday, my friends! Tomorrow I’m heading to New Orleans for a week long vacation with one of my best girlfriends. In preparation for this trip, I’ve been attempting to eat a little lighter when and where I can. <—- This because I plan on eating ALL OF THE THINGS once I land in NOLA. My flight hits the ground at 9 and there will be a stiff Sazerac and oysters in my belly by noon. Followed by beignets and pralines. But I digress! Back to the recipe 😉
Today’s recipe is one near and dear to my heart. It’s got shrimp! It’s got sriracha! It’s healthy, hearty, and even boasts a pop of green. Basically what I’m saying is this dish right here… it’s everything ♡♡♡
This 20-Minute Skinny Sriracha Shrimp and Broccoli is truly a 20 minute meal, which is great for days when you don’t want to be chained to the stove for very long (read: any day the temperature is over 75 degrees!). To keep the cook time as short as it’s intended to be, I recommend purchasing shrimp that have already been peeled, as indicated in the ingredient list below. If you prefer to use shrimp with shells, you’ll want to add an extra 7 minutes or so to the total time this will take you. Peeling shrimp ——>>> easy but time consuming.
Ditch the take-out tonight! This shrimp and broccoli is calling your name – and trust me, you want to answer. xoxo
Plump shrimp and crunchy broccoli are cooked in a delicious sriracha soy sauce. A quick and easy meal you're sure to love!
- For the brown sauce:
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange juice (fresh, preferably)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated (you may also use bottled ginger if you cannot find fresh)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Additional Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (try to buy them already prepared this way to save on time)
- 4 cups (about 2 large heads) broccoli florets
- For the Brown Sauce:
- In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, orange juice, sriracha, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and cornstarch; whisk well to combine; set aside.
- To cook:
- Heat the sesame oil (1 1/2 tablespoons) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once warm, add in the shrimp and cook - flipping them once - until pink; about 3 minutes. Add in the broccoli and continue cooking the mixture, stirring frequently, until the broccoli is bright green and tender; about 3-4 minutes. Add in the sriracha soy mixture, stir well to coat the shrimp and broccoli, and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and serve at once! This goes great with a small salad, rice, or even pasta (like lo mein).
You may also enjoy: