It’s that time of year where I want salted caramel EVERYTHING. It’s such a cozy treat! Be it drizzled over your coffee… or straight into your mouth. If you’ve been looking for an easy way to slip into the salted caramel game, this recipe is here for you. No thermometer needed. No fancy ingredients. No hours of waiting and waiting and waiting. All you need is six minutes!
And a few ingredients. This recipe calls for brown sugar, salted butter, cream, and salt. Das IT! You may add vanilla or bourbon at the end, but if you’re watching $$$ and not trying to spend a lot, the sauce will be just as dreamy minus the vanilla punch. Promise!
That said, I sometimes add a little splash of Madagascar bourbon vanilla and HOLY SMOKES is it good.
This recipe makes a VERY small batch of caramel (a little less than a cup) because as much as I love salted caramel, it’s one of those things I would rather make fresh and use up all in one shot. Trust me when I say having a giant sticky jar of seductive sweetness lurking in the back of your fridge isn’t as glamorous as it sounds. Have you ever tried getting cold caramel from the depths of a mason jar? Not a fun way to spend the evening. No no no. Lucky for us, I’ve got a solution. Six minute small batch salted caramel sauce. Yes. That’s right! You can have warm, sticky, sweet and salty caramel sauce ready in just SIX minutes! And it makes just enough for two hearty servings! We like to drizzle this over ice cream… or brownies… or lattes… or well, basically anything! So, what will you drizzle your batch over?! Let me know! xo P.S. This sauce cooks REALLY fast so I don’t recommend leaving it unattended while it’s on the stove. No one wants burnt caramel if their life… I know this from experience 😉
6-Minute Small Batch Salted Caramel Sauce
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Dash of vanilla or bourbon (or Madagascar bourbon vanilla!), optional
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together butter, brown sugar, heavy whipping cream, and salt.
- Bring to a boil (should take about 1 minute), then reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes, whisking frequently.
- Whisk in vanilla or bourbon if using, stir, then remove from heat.
- Pour caramel into a heatproof jar. Allow it to cool a few minutes before using.