Fresh peach puree, orange juice, and lime make these fun and fruity Margaritas extra fabulous!
Lately I’ve been all about the at-home happy hour. There’s just something about sitting out on our little patio – frosty margarita in hand – that makes Summer feel extra special. For so many years we lived in Brooklyn (and before that, Manhattan), so outdoor space – even a tiny one – feels completely luxurious.
I must also admit I’m a total cocktail snob. While I’ll happily drink a Miller Lite or cheap red wine, there is no place in my life for those crappy flavorless // overpriced // way too sweet margaritas many bars churn out. Uh uh. No thanks! I just can’t. I just won’t.
The base of this drink is a fresh peach puree created by very simply blending peaches, orange juice, and the tiniest bit of sugar together until smooth. It’s up to you if you want to peel the peaches; I chose not to but I don’t mind a chunkier puree.
The next time you’re looking to jazz up an evening at home, shake up this cheerful cocktail and sip away! P.S. Serve these cocktails with my Summertime Cheese & Charcuterie Board for the ultimate at-home happy hour experience.
Fresh Peach Margaritas make an incredible Summer drink!
- 6 Ripe Peaches, cut in half, pitted, and peeled (don't peel if you like a chunkier puree)
- 1/4 Cup Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 Cup tequila (I use silver but whatever you know you like is fine)
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Lime Juice (or bottled lime juice NOT from concentrate)
- 1/2 Cup Triple Sec
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- To make the fresh peach puree:
- Peel and pit the fresh peaches. Combine the peaches, orange juice and sugar in the body of a blender; pulse until completely smooth.
- Divide the ingredients evenly into 4 large glasses full of ice; stir well to combine. Alternately you could do this individually in a cocktail shaker. Serve at once with a wedge of lime.
You’ll also love: