Warning: Chocolate lovers only!!! These thick, chewy, double chocolate fudge cookies are melt-in-your-mouth amazing and full of intense chocolate fudge flavor! Baked up soft, they’re sure to please any serious chocolate fan!
Exactly two weeks ago I posted a link to my Coconut Oil Chocolate Chunk Cookie Bars on Instagram. One of my sweet readers (Hi, Lauren!) commented on the post requesting a recipe for a double chocolate cookie because her little boys love them, and well, I just couldn’t say no! It’s pretty easy to convince me to get in the kitchen and bake a batch of cookies any day… and when you ask nicely, I get on it! So Lauren, these double chocolate fudge cookies are for you… and every other chocolate lover out there.
These cookies are like pure chocolate fudge!!! I based the dough of my aunts taties famous “death by chocolate cookies“, and after a few twists and tweaks, scored big! I ended up scaling down the butter to just two tablespoons! And amping the chocolate up to include two full cups PLUS cocoa powder! Like I said in the beginning, chocolate lovers only 😉
A few things to keep in mind when you make these!
1) You’ll preheat your oven to 325 degrees (F), but once you pop the cookies in the oven, you’re going to immediately crank that dial down to 300! The low, longer baking time gives these cookies their crackly shell and gooey fudge interior.
2) Gooey fudge interior ——-> True love!!! But you already knew that one… huh?
5) Any chocolate chip brand will do. I know a lot of recipes say the better the chocolate; the better the results (and that is true, in a way…), but I’ve made these with everything from Godiva to Hershey’s and they all were decadent and worthy in their own way. #Truth
Soft Batch Double Chocolate Fudge Cookies
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, lightly spray them with non-stick spray, and set aside.
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter in a small, microwave safe bowl. Heat them in the microwave for for 15 second increments of time, mixing in between each, until butter and chocolate are completely melted and can easily be whisked smooth. Set aside. *You may also do this process on the stove top if you don't own a microwave.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl whisk together the sugars, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and stir to combine - be sure not to over mix here!
- Fold in the chocolate/ butter mixture and the milk chocolate chips into the batter, stirring until everything is just combined.
- Scoop 1/4 cupfuls of the batter on the prepared baking sheets, place pans in the oven, reduce heat to 300 degrees, and bake for 18-20 minutes. Allow cookies to completely cool on the baking sheet before serving.