Thick and chewy soft batch chocolate cookies loaded with rainbow M&Ms and gooey chocolate chips!
Hello and happy Tuesday! I’m super excited about today’s recipe, so please pardon my haste in getting right down to business. And by business, I mean cookies, of course.
Friends, allow me to introduce you to my newest obsession – soft batch chocolate M&M cookies! They are:
- rich and fudgy
- soft and chewy
- oozing with chocolate
- loaded with rainbow M&Ms
- perfectly sweet
- SUPER easy
- ready in less than 30 minutes
- perfect with a cold glass of milk
- loved by old and young
- sure to be a new favorite
To make these cookies you’re going to need semi-sweet chocolate chips, butter, flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, 2 large eggs, whole milk, vanilla extract, milk chocolate chips, and M&Ms!
A couple of things to keep in mind:
- The batter will need to be scooped, not rolled. It will be much thinner than typical cookie dough, but don’t be alarmed by this! To make this step as easy as possible, I like to use a lightly greased 1/4 cup measuring spoon to scoop up the cookie dough.
- Make sure you leave a good inch in between each mound of cookie dough – they spread!
- Do not skip the salt and vanilla! These cookies are very chocolate heavy; the salt and vanilla help balance everything out.
- These cookies must – I repeat – MUST cool completely on the tray. I usually leave the room for a good 20 minutes before I even think about sneaking one off the tray.
Don’t they just look fabulous?
Dare you to try eating only one. #impossible
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #bakerbynature on instagram! Seeing your creations makes my day.
Soft Batch Chocolate M&M Cookies
Thick and incredibly decadent soft batch chocolate M&M cookies. Everyone loves these!
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chopped into tiny pieces
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk chocolate M&Ms
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup M&Ms
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (F). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, lightly spray them with non-stick spray, and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and butter. Heat them in the microwave on low power for 15 second increments, mixing in between each, until butter and chocolate are completely melted and can easily be whisked smooth. Be sure not to overheat or the mixture will seize. Whisk in the vanilla, then whisk in both sugars. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and stir to combine - be sure not to over mix here!
- Fold in the M&M's and milk chocolate chips, stirring until everything is just combined.
- Scoop 1/4 cupfuls of the batter onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake one tray at a time, for 16 to 18 minutes, or until the edges are set and the tops are dark and shiny.
- Press a few extra M&Ms and chocolate chips of the warm cookies right when they come out of the oven. Allow cookies to completely cool on the baking sheet before serving.
Recipe was updated on 7/18/2017.
Serving Size one cookie
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
For a festive twist, try baking them with holiday M&Ms!
Perfect for Valentine’s Day: