Chewy Brown Butter M&M Blondies
Yield 9x13 Pan
Thick and chewy Brown Butter M&M Blondies. Everyone loves these!
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, melted until browned
- 1 and 1/2 cups (319 grams) light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg plus 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 2 cups (245 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups (210 grams) M&M candies
- 1/2 cup (85 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line an 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Continue cooking, swirling the pan occasionally, until browned.
- Remove from heat and cool for a few minutes, then scrape the butter into a large heat proof mixing bowl.
- Whisk in both sugars and mix until well combined. Stir in the vanilla. Then add in the eggs and egg yolks, beating until combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the flour and salt, mixing until just combined. Finally, fold in the M&Ms and chocolate chips. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 26 to 30 minutes, or until the edges are firm and golden and the center is just slightly wobbly.
- Cool in pan for at least 1 hour before cutting. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt before serving, if desired.
Recipe & Photos updated 2/1/2021.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Recipe by Baker by Nature at https://bakerbynature.com/chewy-brown-butter-mm-blondies/